p10

Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Clyde Harrison
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 1:43PM - in reply to sldkfjasdiuReply | Return to Index | Report Post
I agree. It should be held out in the desert on an open road where there is no place to get lost or take a wrong turn. Just a long straight stretch of highway. They have to start at the same time too. No chip tricks.
Kevin52
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 2:10PM - in reply to sldkfjasdiuReply | Return to Index | Report Post

sldkfjasdiu wrote:

I propose a Kevin52 vs. Kip match race at a distance of 1/2 marathon. Each man chips in $10K - winner takes all.


His 1:28 half, which would appear to be legit, is 3 min faster than my PR.
Kevin52
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 2:15PM - in reply to Kevin52Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Study of K.Litton Running
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 3:24PM - in reply to Kevin52Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I almost beat Kip's half marathon time today during my long run!!!
off course Oscar
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 3:49PM - in reply to scotthReply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow, not the same Scott Hubbard that I've met at races. Oh well.
off course Oscar
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 3:52PM - in reply to Kevin52Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Absolutely, which is why I care to post on the subject as well.
off course Oscar
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 4:02PM - in reply to Workin 4 CertainReply | Return to Index | Report Post
True, but it's not a hearing or a trial. By that I mean the race director can change his or her mind based off of new evidence that arises anytime they want. It's their race and their discretion.

As for the runner, he doesn't get double jeopardy for the same reasons stated above. There is no statute of limitations. If other races prove he cheated, then the evidence they have on him becomes stronger and he may more than likely be disqualified from them as well.

I know the story of Mr. Miranda as well. Will Cloney disqualified Miranda back in 1981. He could have reinstated his finishing place and time whenever or if ever he chose to. He gave him a chance to run a 10k race at his marathon pace and he of course said no. If you really ran that fast for 26.2 miles and you were being called a cheater, what would you do? Anyone who truely ran the marathon would have taken that offer.

As I said, more and more of this will come out and I would not be surprised at all if it ends up in RW magazine. Again, it involves a charity and prize money, that changes the game which unfortunately many people posting don't seem to understand.
make it clear maybe lets see
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 4:02PM - in reply to Study of K.Litton RunningReply | Return to Index | Report Post

Study of K.Litton Running wrote:

I almost beat Kip's half marathon time today during my long run!!!



You're slow. Unless you're over 30.
scotth
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 4:17PM - in reply to off course OscarReply | Return to Index | Report Post

off course Oscar wrote:

Wow, not the same Scott Hubbard that I've met at races. Oh well.


Ha - you don't really think I'm going to play all my cards here on LR do you?
Study of K.Litton Running
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 4:18PM - in reply to make it clear maybe lets seeReply | Return to Index | Report Post

make it clear maybe lets see wrote:

[quote]Study of K.Litton Running wrote:

I almost beat Kip's half marathon time today during my long run!!!



You're slow. Unless you're over 30.[/quote]

it's a training run though.
Study of K.Litton Running
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 4:19PM - in reply to Study of K.Litton RunningReply | Return to Index | Report Post
but still you're probably right.
NotMyRealName
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 5:08PM - in reply to Kevin52Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Kevin52 wrote:

Where's Waldo?

Based on these results:

Waldo should be on this page:

http://www.runmichigan.com/photogallery/09/bayshore052309.php


Or this page. This guy placed 3rd, right behind KL in the 45-49. I think this at 21 miles. (8 mile mark for the HM?)

http://www.runmichigan.com/photogallery/09/bayshore052309_window.php?627

This guy (1461) won the 45-49

http://www.runmichigan.com/photogallery/09/bayshore052309_window.php?629

KL is no where to be found in the photo's. There are photo's of everyone else.

Here they are around 8 miles (1465 & 1461) Wonder if they remember seeing KL?

http://www.runmichigan.com/photogallery/09/bayshore052309_window.php?29
Ekiden man
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 5:45PM - in reply to NotMyRealNameReply | Return to Index | Report Post
pretty much the usual from what ive seen for him not to show up in the photos
off course Oscar
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 6:03PM - in reply to scotthReply | Return to Index | Report Post
No Scott, and I meant nothing personal by it. I am sure you know what the guy did and have the inside skinny with your connections, aka privlegde to the good stuff. You're a good guy and one heck of a finish line announcer which is not an easy thing to do. I am sure the Eastern Michigan lad appreciated hearing you bring him home during the last few hundred yards of the Freep this year.

Your wife and I actually ran side by side for many miles during the 1984 Freep Marathon. Who prevailed in front of who at the end, I won't say but her 2:42-43(?) marathon was nothing to sneeze at on a fairly warm day. That Sunday evening the Tigers won the World Series over the Padres. But in keeping on topic here, I will say that I was very, very young and I nor Karen recall seeing Kip there:). Just sayin':)
off course Oscar
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 6:11PM - in reply to Kevin52Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am not saying that his 1:28 is or isn't legit, but until the guy or gal who biked with him "the whole way" comes forward, I will still be skeptical. Sorry, there's just too many indiscrepancies to not be.

Don't back down Kevin52, you might be further ahead of him than you think.
Ekiden man
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 6:18PM - in reply to off course OscarReply | Return to Index | Report Post
that 1:28 was at Maine...i just remember it came up on letsrun that he was running it and for those at the race to be on the lookout...so there's a better chance it's legit, but even if it is legit, it's a very poor performance relative to the 2:49 to 2:55s he's been running for the past 6mos to a year or so.
junk master
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 6:28PM - in reply to Ekiden manReply | Return to Index | Report Post
Remember when Pearl Jam was called Mookie Blaylock?

Kip Litton would be a great name for a band.
Gasparilla watcher
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 7:35PM - in reply to off course OscarReply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, the reason we have an interest is that in the arena of us 45-49 guys who can run in the 2:50 range, we all work darn hard to do it. I would venture to say we all have demanding careers, family life, kids, et al and still try to train smart/hard to go 2:50 in the marathon despite age-related contraints on our training. I know I can beat KL in any marathon - heck, I beat him in our only head to head race in 2003 accordning to athlinks by about 40 minutes - thus I would be extremely ticked if after runnning a low 2:50 (I used to run low 2:40s but cant anymore due to the above reasons), I find out that some guy with a history of race dqs who allegedly started 4 minutes behind me and whom I never saw supposedly finished ahead of me.
scotth
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 7:48PM - in reply to off course OscarReply | Return to Index | Report Post

off course Oscar wrote:

No Scott, and I meant nothing personal by it. I am sure you know what the guy did and have the inside skinny with your connections, aka privlegde to the good stuff. You're a good guy and one heck of a finish line announcer which is not an easy thing to do. I am sure the Eastern Michigan lad appreciated hearing you bring him home during the last few hundred yards of the Freep this year.

Your wife and I actually ran side by side for many miles during the 1984 Freep Marathon. Who prevailed in front of who at the end, I won't say but her 2:42-43(?) marathon was nothing to sneeze at on a fairly warm day. That Sunday evening the Tigers won the World Series over the Padres. But in keeping on topic here, I will say that I was very, very young and I nor Karen recall seeing Kip there:). Just sayin':)


No harm, no foul. Yes, I know plenty about Kip, thanks to multiple sources. Fact is, I know enough. I said he's in hot water. Go w/that.

Thank you for the kind words about my 'work' at finish lines. I try not to say anything dumb and to enunciate clearly. The EMU lad, Jordan Desilets, is currently running well and hoping to have a good year.

Per Karen in '84, her time was 2:43:00. She could run a little. She runs for fitness now & still works for UMich.
Kevin52
RE: Rojo says he might start a Kip Litton thread but only 1 and only 1 thread 1/9/2011 7:49PM - in reply to off course OscarReply | Return to Index | Report Post

off course Oscar wrote:

I am not saying that his 1:28 is or isn't legit, but until the guy or gal who biked with him "the whole way" comes forward, I will still be skeptical. Sorry, there's just too many indiscrepancies to not be.


Agreed.

I found myself in the above Bayshore 2009 photos at both vantage points (1st half-out / 2nd half-back).

Can't find the Skipper anywhere; in the 2nd half he would've been well into the top 50 and it's fairly spread out.

What an odd coincidence.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19